Chicken with Ginger
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 three-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick matchsticks (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
Instructions:1. Soak ginger in cold water 10 minutes; drain.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over high heat; brown chicken in two batches, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
3. In same skillet over medium heat, cook ginger, onion, and garlic, stirring until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar; cook over high heat until thick, 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken; stir to warm. Remove from heat; stir in scallions.