Chickweed Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Yield: Serves 4.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 cups fresh chickweed
- 1 small head red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 2 ounces goat cheese
Instructions:Toast walnuts on a baking sheet in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for approximately 8 minutes, until they smell fragrant. Remove from pan to cool. Wash and dry the greens. Chop chickweed into 1/2-inch pieces, and tear lettuce into large pieces, keeping smaller leaves whole. Using a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith from the orange. Slice the orange crosswise into thin sections, and then cut each section into quarters. Peel and slice the avocado into 1/4-inch thick pieces. Place chickweed, lettuce, avocado, orange, and walnuts in a large salad bowl and crumble cheese onto salad. Pour vinaigrette over salad, and toss gently.
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 to 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil