Chiffonade of Escarole and Red Cabbage
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Thin strips of bright green escarole and red cabbage create a stunning dish. Serve with roast pork or veal.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1 head escarole, sliced across into shreds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Instructions:1. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet until the butter is melted. Add the cabbage and toss to coat evenly. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 1 minute. Pour on the water and reduce the heat. Stir in the caraway seed. Cover the pan and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cabbage is crisp-tender.
2. Add the escarole and stir to combine. Increase the heat and cook, stirring, until the escarole is limp and all the liquid is evaporated. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving dish.