Chili Con Carne
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) pinto beans, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Instructions:1. Brown beef, onion, green bell pepper, and garlic in saucepan. Drain.
2. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
3. Cover. Cook on low 5-6 hours.
4. Serve in bread bowls if desired.
I like to serve chili with crackers, grated cheese and salad.