Yield: 6 pints
- 24 ripe tomatoes
- 4 large green peppers
- 3 large onions
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1-1/2 quarts apple cider vinegar
Instructions:Skin tomatoes. Seed peppers.
Cut tomatoes into small chunks and coarsely chop peppers and onions. (DO NOT use a food processer for this ).
Mix in sugar, salt, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and apple cider vinegar.
Cook slowly for 2-1/2 to 3 hours, and seal with a HOT PACK method in clean jars. Keeps well for 8 months or longer in a cool place.
NOTE: If you want this sauce a bit hotter, use 2 sweet peppers and 2 hot peppers or to taste.