Chilled Cauliflower with Lemon
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Flowerets of cauliflower are cooked until crisp-tender and chilled in a garlic marinade. Just before serving, a creamy lemon dressing is applied.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
Instructions:1. Separate the cauliflower into flowerets and drop them into a large pot of boiling, salted water. Cook, uncovered, at a gentle bubble for 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Or microwave the flowerets by placing them in a covered casserole with Y4 cup of water, then cooking them on high power for 4 to 6 minutes. Drain the cooked cauliflower in a colander set under cold running water. Shake gently to remove as much water as possible and transfer to a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, blend together the vinegar and mustard. Whisk in the olive oil and add the garlic. Pour over the cauliflower and toss to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Stir occasionally to promote even marinating.
3. Just before serving, stir together the sour cream, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the lemon zest, the salt, and pepper. Drain the cauliflower and gently combine with the dressing. Sprinkle on the remaining tablespoon of lemon zest and serve.