Chipotle Chicken Fajitas
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- * 1 pound (about 6) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut lengthwise into strips about 1-inch wide
- * 1 chipotle en adobo, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- * 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- * 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- * 1 medium red onion, quartered and sliced crosswise 1/2-inch thick
- * 3 medium cloves garlic, thinly sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- * 2 medium bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, quartered lengthwise, and sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- * 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- * 2 teaspoons roughly chopped fresh oregano
- * 6 to 8 flour tortillas, warmed, for serving
- * Pico de Gallo salsa, optional for serving
- * Guacamole, optional for serving
- * Sour cream, optional for serving
Instructions:Place chicken in a bowl, add chipotle, and salt and toss until meat is well coated. Set aside.
Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When it smokes, add half of chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and, return pan to stove, add 1 more teaspoon of the oil, and repeat with second batch.
Add remaining 1 teaspoon of the oil, add onion and garlic and cook until golden and soft, about 2 minutes. Add peppers and cook until softened and golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan, add broth and cook until sauce is slightly reduced, chicken is cooked through, and peppers are soft, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in oregano, taste, and adjust seasoning, as necessary. Serve immediately over steamed rice or potatoes.