Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- **~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~**
- BUTTERMILK CHIVE BISCUITS
- By Marion Cunningham from Bakers Dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
Stir with a fork to blend and mix well. Add the butter and, using you
fingers as a pastry blender, work the butter and flour together until the
mixture looks like irregular crumbs.
Add the buttermilk and the chives. Mix only until the dry ingredients are
moistened. Gather the dough into a ball, pressing it to hold together and
turn it onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly about 12 times. Pat
the dough into a circle, keeping it about 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick.
Use a 2-inch cookie cutter to cut rounds and place on a baking sheet. Bake
about 10 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned. Serve warm.