Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Yield: 15 to 18 cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 15 to 18 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugars, and baking powder. In a small bowl, beat together the egg, milk, margarine, and sour cream. Stir into the dry ingredients and mix only until the dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts, if using. Spoon into the muffin cups.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. These are best served warm.