Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Sheet Cake
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Quick, relatively easy to prepare, and great for kids. For variety, try substituting M&Ms for the chocolate chips.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups sifted all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 15-inch by 10-inch baking pan.
Pour the boiling water over the oats and let stand for 10 minutes. Add the margarine and stir until melted. Add the sugars and stir until dissolved. Add the eggs and mix well. Sift together the flour, soda, salt, and cocoa. Add to the oat mixture and mix well. Pour into the baking pan. Sprinkle the chips and nuts, if using, on top.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely before serving.