chocolate covered cherries
- CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRIES
- 60 maraschino cherries with stems
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 pound chocolate candy coating
Instructions:Drain cherries, set on paper towels to dry. In bowl, combine butter and corn
syrup until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar, knead to form a dough. Chill to
stiffen if necessary. Wrap each cherry in 1 teaspoon of dough. Chill until
firm. In saucepan, melt candy coating over low heat. Dip each cherry in by
its stem, and place onto waxed paper-lined pans. Chill until completely set.
Store in an airtight container in a cool place. Best after 1 or 2 weeks.