Chocolate-Cranberry White Chunk Cookies
Total Time: 15
Yield: 3 dozen
Chocolate-Cranberry White Chunk Cookies are the ideal Christmas cookie with cocoa powder, cranberries, nuts, and white chocolate chunks.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (4-ounce) good-quality white-chocolate baking bar, cut into small chunks (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together into a mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
Add flour mixture one cup at a time and mix on low speed until just incorporated. Stir in white chocolate, nuts, and cranberries.
Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto un-greased baking sheets. Bake 11—12 minutes, until cookies have risen but centers are soft. Let cool slightly, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.