chocolate praline layer cake
- Chocolate Praline Layer Cake
- 1/2 c Butter or margarine
- 1/4 c Whipping cream
- 1 c Brown sugar; firmly packed
- 3/4 c Pecans; coarsely chopped
- 1 Devil's Food cake mix; pkg
- 1 1/4 c Water
- 1/3 c Oil
- 3 Eggs
- ------------ --------- -----Topping- --------- --------- --------- --
- 1 3/4 c Whipping cream
- 1/4 c Powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- Pecans; whole, if desired
- Chocolate curls, if desired
Heat oven to 325 degrees.
In small heavy saucepan, combine butter, whipping cream and brown
Sugar. Cook over low heat, just until butter is melted, stirring
Pour into 2 - 8 or 9" round cake pans; sprinkle evenly with chopped
In large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs at low speed
Until moistened; beat 2 minutes at highest speed. Carefully, spoon
Batter over pecan mixture.
Bake at 325 degrees 35 to 45 minutes or until cake springs back when
Touched lightly in center. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool
In small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Blend in
Powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
To assemble cake, place 1 layer on serving plate, praline side up.
Spread with 1/2 of the whipped cream. Top with second layer, praline
Side up; spread top with remaining whipping cream.
Garnish with whole pecans and chocolate curls, if desired. Store in