chow mein casserole
This hearty Chinese hot pot blends ground beef with celery, onion, almonds,
rice and chow mein noodles for a comforting homemade meal with all your
favorite takeout flavors.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Chow Mein Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 ounces chow mein noodles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the ground beef for 5
minutes. Add the onion and celery and saute for 5 more minutes.
3. In a separate medium bowl, combine the almonds, rice, soup, water and soy
sauce. Mix together well and add to the beef mixture. Place this into a
lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with chow mein noodles.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes.