New England Clam Dip
Yield: Makes 2 cups
In this easy New England clam dip recipe, sour cream and cream cheese pair with tender clams, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and onion to form a tasty classic you won't be able to resist. Why settle for store-bought when homemade tastes this good?
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 7-ounce can minced clams
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons onion juice (see Note)
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
Instructions:Drain the clams, reserving some of the liquid, and mash into the softened cream cheese. Add the remaining ingredients and blend well.
If a thinner dip is required, use 1 or 2 tablespoons of the reserved clam liquid to thin the mixture.
Serve with corn or potato chips.