Classic Rhubarb Pudding
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Total Time: -5
Everything comes up rosy in this pudding that proves rhubarb doesn't need strawberries to shine.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb (3/4-inch chunks)
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus more for baking dish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
Preheat the oven to 375° and butter a 2-quart baking dish.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together the rhubarb and 1 cup of the sugar.
In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, vanilla, eggs, both flours, baking powder, the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, and salt.
Add flour mixture to the rhubarb and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Transfer to oven and bake until the pudding is browned on top, but still a bit soft inside, about 45 minutes.