Classic Sour Cream Coffee Cake
This classic cake is one of our most popular breakfast breads. It keeps well (up to 2 or 3 days) and is delicious warm or at room temperature. The Brown Sugar
- For the filling
Instructions:For the filling
Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and pecans in a bowl and stir until well mixed. Set aside or refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch bundt pan and set aside.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
4. Cream together the butter and sugar in a separate bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, starting on low speed, then increasing to medium.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
6. Add the flour mixture, alternating with the sour cream, to the egg mixture, beating slowly, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Scrape the sides of the bowl several times. Beat just until all the ingredients are well contained. Do no overmix.
7. Spoon half the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with the Brown Sugar-Pecan Filling. Spoon the remaining batter on top of the filling.
8. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn the cake out onto a baking rack to cool completely.