Coconut Black Bean Soup
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 pound dried black beans
- 2 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
Instructions:1. Cover beans with water. Soak overnight.
2. Bring to boil, then add remaining ingredients and simmer for 2 hours or until beans are tender.
3. You can then puree half and add back to the soup. Remove bay leaf before pureeing.
4. NOTE: I like to add 1 tablespoon sausage seasoning to my bean soups.