Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar (7 ounces)
- 1/4 cup water plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut , toasted and cooled
- A fluffy, sweet frosting balances the tart lemon filling in this elegant cake.
Combine egg whites, sugar, water, vanilla, and corn syrup in bowl of standing mixer or large heatproof bowl and set over medium saucepan filled with 1 inch of barely simmering water (do not let bottom of bowl touch water). Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture registers 160 degrees on instant-read thermometer, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove bowl from heat and transfer mixture to standing mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes. Increase speed to medium-high and continue to beat until mixture has cooled to room temperature and stiff peaks form, 5 minutes longer. Remove bowl from mixer and use rubber spatula to gently fold in coconut.