Coffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Jeanne Lemlin’s recipes have been noted as bold and gutsy. Where else can you get a chocolate and caffeine fix all in one place? Crispy chocolate chip cookies are made even more divine with the addition of coffee right into the batter.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/4 cup instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (11/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package (8 ounces) semisweet chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Instructions:Mix coffee with boiling water; let stand 15 minutes. Mix flour and baking soda; set aside.
Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in coffee, egg, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Add chocolate and nuts; stir until evenly distributed. Chill 30 minutes.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake at 325°F for 10 to 12 minutes. .