Coffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Jeanne Lemlin’s recipes have been noted as bold and gutsy. Where else can you get a chocolate and caffeine fix all in one place? Crispy chocolate chip cookies are made even more divine with the addition of coffee right into the batter.
- 1/4 cup instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (11/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package (8 ounces) semisweet chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Mix coffee with boiling water; let stand 15 minutes. Mix flour and baking soda; set aside.
Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in coffee, egg, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Add chocolate and nuts; stir until evenly distributed. Chill 30 minutes.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake at 325°F for 10 to 12 minutes. .
Jeanne Lemlin o Great Barrington, Massachusetts