Corn and Red Pepper Salad
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Because iceberg lettuce heads so tightly, the inner leaves form deep, rounded cups that are just the thing for cradling this appealing corn salad.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, white and green portion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 4 well-formed leaves of iceberg lettuce
Instructions:1. Drop the corn into a large pot of boiling water. Partially cover the pot and cook at a gentle bubble for 3 minutes or until the kernels are crisp-tender. Remove from the pot and drain in a colander. When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cobs.
2. Transfer the corn to a large mixing bowl. Add the red bell pepper, celery, and onions. Sprinkle on the cilantro and toss to combine.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and paprika. Pour over the corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for a couple of hours or until lightly chilled. Spoon into lettuce cups to serve.