Corn and Squash Casserole
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2½ cups milk
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 yellow squash, diced
- 2 ears corn
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or minced scallions
- 1 cup crumbled creamy chévre
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly butter a 2-quart soufflé dish and set aside.
3. Bring the milk to a low boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the cornmeal.
4. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Remove the corn from the cobbs. Add the squash, corn, and red bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 5 minutes until crisp-tender, and set aside.
5. Mix together the eggs, thyme, chives, and chévre in a bowl. Add the milk mixture and the squash mixture and stir until well blended.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and bake 45 to 50 minutes, until the top is lightly brown and puffy, but it is still slightly soft in the center. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving so that the casserole sets.