TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 6 cups (two 16-ounce packages) frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed, divided
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups (12 fluid-ounce can) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Heat vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add 4 cups corn; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add chicken broth; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until corn is very soft.
Place corn mixture in blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in remaining corn, evaporated milk, bell pepper and rosemary.
Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until chowder is thick and bell peppers are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with basil.
Note: Recipe can be frozen into single servings for up to two months.