Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
So named because of their resemblance to the familiar shellfish, corn oysters are a classic variation of corn fritters.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups uncooked corn kernels (4 large ears)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon water
- Vegetable oil for frying
Instructions:1. Place the corn kernels in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle on the flour, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks and water. Add to the corn and stir to blend well.
2. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add to the corn mixture and fold in.
3. Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a large skillet. Drop in the batter by tablespoonfuls, allowing it to fall in oval, oyster-shaped mounds. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, turning to brown both sides. Drain on absorbent paper and serve on a napkin-lined plate.