Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 2 cups uncooked corn kernels (4 large ears)
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs, plus 1 extra egg white
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Generously butter a 2-quart baking dish. Place the corn kernels and cheese in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
2. Separate the eggs and set the whites aside. Whisk together the egg yolks, melted butter, cream, sugar, salt, and cayenne. Stir in the jalapeño peppers. Pour over the corn and cheese and blend well.
3. Whisk the 4 egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into the corn mixture. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and bake for 1 hour or until the surface is browned and the center is delicately set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve.