Cornish Hens with Pecan Stuffing and Port Wine Sauce
Yield: Serves 4.
This elegant combination of good looks and good taste is a real showpiece.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 Cornish hens
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Instructions:Brush the hens with butter or margarine and dredge with flour. Stuff the cavities with Pecan Stuffing (see below) but do not pack. Place uncovered in a 450 degree oven for 45 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a heated serving platter. Serve with Port Wine Sauce.
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
Port Wine Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon meat-extract paste or 3 bouillon cubes
- 3 tablespoons currant jelly
- 1 cup dark sweet cherries, drained and pitted
- 3/4 cup port wine
- 1 cup water