TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into strips (optional)
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 12 six-inch flour tortillas
- vegetable cooking spray
- lime slices, salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole for garnish
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Check the crabmeat for pieces of shell and cartilage. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the green, red, and yellow (if using) bell peppers, onion, and garlic. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the crabmeat, cilantro, mayonnaise, cayenne, cumin, 1 cup of the Cheddar, 1 cup of the Monterey Jack, lime juice, and jalapeno. Gently fold the ingredients together to avoid breaking the crabmeat.
Place 6 tortillas on large oiled baking sheets. Divide the pepper-onion mixture equally among the tortillas. Divide the crabmeat mixture equally among them. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar and the remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack on top and cover with the tortillas left in the package. Lightly spray the top of each tortilla with vegetable cooking spray. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Cut each tortilla into quarters and garnish with lime slices, salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole.