Yield: Per serving: 170 calories, 6g fat, 3g prot., 30g carbs., 1g fiber, 240mg sodium.
This thick batter makes a dense bread that’s great toasted and served with butter. When cranberries are available, throw a few bags in your freezer to make this bread year-round. We like it prepared with dried cranberries too.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup grated orange rind
- 1 cup fresh or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan or 3 mini loaf pans.
2. Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add sugar, egg, butter, hot water, orange juice and grated orange rind; stir until moistened. Fold in berries and nuts. Spoon into pan and bake 50 minutes (or 35 minutes for mini loaves). Cool; wrap and refrigerate or freeze.