Cranberry & Cherry Granola
Total Time: 15
Yield: about 3-1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pure, local maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
Instructions:Heat oven to 325°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla. Bring to a boil (but don't let it boil over). Then reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes, stirring often.
In a medium-size bowl, combine oats, coconut, almonds, and salt. Pour hot honey mixture over oat mixture, and stir to coat thoroughly. Spread mixture evenly on the baking sheet.
Bake 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add cranberries and cherries, and stir to distribute.
Bake 15-17 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until golden brown (don't let it burn).
Remove from the oven and cool completely. Granola will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.