Cranberry Gelatin Mold
A very handsome way to serve a crowd. Serve this festive cranberry molded salad on a large platter over a bed of lettuce, or spoon out portions onto small plates over lettuce.
Pictured - Cranberry Gelatin Mold without second layer.
For the First Layer
- 2 6-oz. packages cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 16-oz. can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 16-oz. can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, add cranberry sauce, pineapple, and nuts, and mix well. Rinse large glass bowl with cold water, then pour in mixture. Chill until firm.
For the Second Layer (optional)
- 1 3-oz. package cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cranberry juice or cold water
- 1 cup sour cream
For second layer, dissolve gelatin in boiling water, stir in juice or water and sour cream, and mix well. Pour on top of set first layer. Chill until firm.