Total Time: 10
Yield: 12 servings
Serve over vanilla ice cream or with a dollop of cr
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 12 Seckel or other small pears, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cored
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 12-ounce bags fresh cranberries
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
Instructions:Combine 1 cup sugar and wine in a large saucepan, bring to a simmer.
Remove from heat and add pears and lemon juice. Cover and return to a simmer. Cook 2 minutes. Add cranberries and remaining sugar, then stir. Simmer until pears are fairly tender, 3-5 minutes longer.
Season to taste with salt and cool to room temperature. Garnish with lemon zest.