Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small leek or 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 gablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken or beef stock
- florets from 1 large head of broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cream
Instructions:Melt butter. Saute bacon, then add onion, leek, and celery. Cook until heated through. Add flour and stir until well combined. Stir in stock;
simmer for 15 minutes. Add broccoli; simmer for 15 minutes. Pour into blender and puree. Return to pan and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
Stir in cream and cook until heated, do not boil.