Crescent City Banana Bundles
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 medium firm-ripe bananas
- 8 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or rum
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans
- For Serving:
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
Instructions:Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Divide crescent rolls into 8 rectangles and press perforations to seal. On a lightly floured surface, roll each rectangle to a 6x6-inch square. Peel and cut bananas in half crosswise. Cut each half into 1/2-inch slices and put into center of squares. Sprinkle each pile with 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon pecans, and 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips. Bring corners and sides up and pinch together in center to form a bundle. Place onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 17 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring butter, brown sugar, and orange juice or rum to a boil. Add pecans and boil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly thickened; keep warm. To serve, place 1 bundle onto each plate. Place 1 scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt alongside, and spoon sauce over both.