Crispy Lobster-Tail and Pea-Tendril Salad With Warmed Lobster Vinaigrette
Total Time: 40
Yield: 6 servings
This lobster tail salad recipe was developed by Lee Skawinski, executive chef and owner, Cinque Terre and Vignola, Portland
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped fine
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 boiled or steamed lobsters, tails separated, left in shell and cut in half, claw and knuckle meat removed
- 1/2 cup toasted panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped fine
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, divided
- 1/4 pound pea shoots or tendrils (or use mixed spinach leaves and endive)
Instructions:Heat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine basil, shallot, melted butter, salt, and pepper. Brush mixture on lobster tails and coat with toasted panko crumbs. Heat in oven 6 to 8 minutes; then broil 30 seconds.
To a medium saute pan over high heat, add 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil, tomatoes, chives, parsley, lemon juice, 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, salt, and pepper. Reduce by one-quarter and add lobster. Cover meat completely with vinaigrette and season again.
In a large bowl, combine pea shoots with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, remaining vinegar, salt, and pepper. Reserving vinaigrette, place half a lobster tail in each of 6 bowls; add equal amounts of pea-shoot mix.
Add rest of lobster meat, divided equally among 6 portions, and about a tablespoon of warm tomato vinaigrette per serving. Drizzle with olive oil.