Crunchy Hamburger Casserole
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Crunchy Hamburger Casserole -- a classic with noodles, ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, and French-fried onions -- is quick, easy, and really good.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar, Colby, Monterey Jack, etc.)
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions
Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain well. In a nonstick skillet, brown the meat. Drain off any excess fat. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the noodles, beef, soup, tomatoes, cheese, and green pepper. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a greased 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle the onions on top. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve hot.