Yield: Serve 6
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 3 green onions, white and green portion, sliced
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
Instructions:1. In a large saucepan, combine the cucumbers, onions, beans, chicken broth, and 1 tablespoon of the chives. Cover the pan and cook at a gentle bubble for 20 minutes or until the cucumbers are tender.
2. Pour into the container of a blender or processor and whirl until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Blend in the salt, pepper, and sour cream. Cover the bowl. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Serve cold, sprinkled with the remaining tablespoon of chives.