Cucumbers in Sour Cream
Yield: Serves 4
A cool, creamy cucumber-and-onion dish to serve on a hot summer night with grilled lamb.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Instructions:1. Place the cucumbers and onion rings in a large bowl: Pour on enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Drop in 6 ice cubes and refrigerate for 3 hours.
2. Drain the cucumbers and onion in a colander and return to the bowl. In a small bowl, blend together the sour cream, mayonnaise, and vinegar. Sprinkle the cucumbers and onion with the sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Add the parsley and toss to combine. Pour on the sour cream mixture and stir to coat. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.