Dandelion Greens Sauteed in Ginger Butter
Yield: Serves 4
Freshly grated ginger highlights the zesty flavor of lightly cooked dandelion greens.
- 2 pounds dandelion greens
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 green onions, white and green portion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Trim the dandelion greens and rinse thoroughly in a basin of cool water. Shake off the excess water. Stack the leaves in small bunches, then cut into 1-inch lengths.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet until the butter is melted, Add the onions and ginger and stir over medium heat until the onions are limp, Add the dandelion greens and continue stirring over medium heat until they wilt, Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving dish.