Deb's Fresh Tomato Sauce
Yield: 6 pints
- 30 (approx) tomatoes seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 3 onions chopped fine
- small handful of fresh basil, oregano and thyme - all chopped fine
- or substitute dried herbs if no fresh ones avail.
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 20 (approx) pitted black oil cured olives - chopped
- 2 small cans tomato paste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Instructions:Peel, chop and seed tomatoes in a large pot with onions, garlic and oil. Add herbs, olives, salt and pepper. Bring slowly to a boil and cook gently for 1 hour. Do not burn. Stir in tomato paste and cheese.
Place in canning jars and follow manufacturer's directions for canning or place in freezer containers and freeze. Both work equally well.