Total Time: 20
Yield: 12 pieces
- 6 eggs
- 2-1/2 tablespoons ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 pecan halves, chopped fine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 6 grinds black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Garnish: paprika and chopped parsley
Instructions:Place eggs in a saucepan and cover them with an inch of water. Cover with a lid and bring water to a simmer. Turn the stove off and let eggs sit covered in hot water 16 minutes. Remove eggs from the pan and sit them in a bowl of cold tap water 5 minutes to cool. Remove shells by tapping them on the counter to create a crack and then peeling them under running water.
Slice eggs in half lengthwise and pop yolks out; set whites aside. Place yolks in a bowl and mash them with the back of a spoon until smooth. Mash avocado the same way and add to yolks. Add remaining ingredients and mix well with a spoon. Use a small mellon baller, teaspoon, or pastry bag to fill the whites with the yolk mixture. Garnish with paprika and chopped parsley.