Dinner Party Scallops
Yield: Serves 4.
- 2 pounds scallops (bay or sea)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Instructions:Wash and drain the scallops. Wipe dry. Place in a single layer in an ovenproof dish.
Melt the butter or margarine; add the garlic, onions, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over the scallops. Let stand for 2 or 3 hours.
Broil under a moderate flame about 3-1/2 minutes on each side, or until the scallops look nice and brown.