Dog Days Iced Tea
Yield: 6-8 servings.
- 6 bags black tea (English, Earl Grey, etc.)
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup mint leaves and sprigs, divided
- 11/2 cups chilled orange juice
- 1 orange, sliced crosswise
- 1 lemon, sliced crosswise
- Ice cubes
Instructions:Brew a strong tea in about 6 cups water. While still hot, add sugar and about a dozen mint leaves. Let cool.
Remove teabags and mint; then add orange juice, fruit slices, and ice.
Serve over more ice, garnish with fresh mint sprigs, and add a fruit slice or two to each glass.