9 Responses to Down East Turkey Stuffing

1. Anonymous February 8, 2004 at 5:00 pm #

Also from Nova Scotia, live in BC, no one here makes this type of stuffing, use dried bread cubes mostly. This is just great…thanks

2. Anonymous October 30, 2004 at 8:37 pm #

Just like my grandmother’s from Nova Scotia. The best cooks in the world :-)

3. Anonymous November 9, 2005 at 12:50 pm #

Also learned this recipe from my mother. We were from Nova Scotia as well. Never found anything better to replace it.

4. Genevieve Kennedy November 9, 2005 at 1:22 pm #

My grandmother’s from Nova Scotia where some of the best cooks on the Atlantic side of the continent reside–she’s one of them. She has made this recipe for years. Yum!

5. Anonymous November 15, 2005 at 4:06 pm #

This is very close to my Grandmother’s recipe. She was a lifelong resident of New Brunswick, a marvelous cook and even better baker!

6. Michele M November 8, 2014 at 12:13 pm #

Similar to my great-grandmother’s, also from Nova Scotia. Hers adds sausage, mushrooms, celery and Bell’s seasoning to this. :)

7. nancy g. November 8, 2014 at 12:27 pm #

My grandmother from Nova Scotia also made a stuffing similar to this, but with just potatoes (no bread). I’ve been told it’s an old German recipe.

8. Jean Trenholm November 8, 2014 at 12:31 pm #

As a young bride from Toronto, I had never had potato stuffing before I met my in-laws in the Maritimes. I think it’s time to make a pan of this for the coming holidays.

9. Diane Landeck November 9, 2014 at 10:26 am #

this is the stuffing I grew up on but my mom also added Bell’s seasoning. Nice and moist in the turkey!