dream cream puffs
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Makes 8 servings
Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
Cool: 1 hour
Stand: 1 hour
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Dream Cream Puffs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 4-serving-size package instant chocolate pudding mix or reduced-calorie
- regular chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Sifted powdered sugar
- Fresh strawberries (optional)
Instructions:1. lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan combine water and butter. Bring to boiling. Add flour
all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball.
Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well
with a wooden spoon after each addition. Drop mixture in 8 mounds, 3 inches
apart, on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 30 minutes or until golden. Transfer
cream puffs to a wire rack; cool. Cut tops from cream puffs; remove soft
dough from inside. Cool completely on a wire rack.
4. Meanwhile, for filling, prepare pudding mix according to package
directions using the fat-free milk. Stir in peppermint extract. Cover
surface with plastic wrap. Chill.
5. To serve, spoon about 1/4 cup of the filling into the bottom half of each
cream puff. Replace tops. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar. If desired,
garnish with fresh strawberries. Makes 8 servings.