1 4-serving-size package instant chocolate pudding mix or reduced-calorie
regular chocolate pudding mix
2 cups fat-free milk
1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
Sifted powdered sugar
Fresh strawberries (optional)
1. lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan combine water and butter. Bring to boiling. Add flour
all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball.
Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well
with a wooden spoon after each addition. Drop mixture in 8 mounds, 3 inches
apart, on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 30 minutes or until golden. Transfer
cream puffs to a wire rack; cool. Cut tops from cream puffs; remove soft
dough from inside. Cool completely on a wire rack.
4. Meanwhile, for filling, prepare pudding mix according to package
directions using the fat-free milk. Stir in peppermint extract. Cover
surface with plastic wrap. Chill.
5. To serve, spoon about 1/4 cup of the filling into the bottom half of each
cream puff. Replace tops. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar. If desired,
garnish with fresh strawberries. Makes 8 servings.
This recipe was submitted by one of our readers and has not been tested by our food editors. We are not responsible for errors in this recipe, but if you find one, please let us know.
We reserve the right to remove or edit comments that are offensive or disrespectful to our readers and/or writers, cannot be verified, lack clarity, or contain profanity. Your comments may be republished by Yankee Magazine across multiple platforms.