Easy Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
Total Time: 10
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Pace Picante sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 6 flour tortillas (6-inch), warmed
- 1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
Instructions:1. Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.
2. Stir 1 cup picante sauce mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.
3. Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place them seamside up in 11 x 8-inch shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining picante sauce mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with tomato and onion.
Tip: Stir 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed, into the chicken mixture before filling the tortillas.
Cost per recipe: $8.54
Cost per recipe serving: $1.42
Cost calculations based on December 2008 national average prices.
All materials courtesy of: Campbell's Cooking Soups/Swanson Broth