Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- * 3 celery ribs, chopped
- * 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- * 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- * 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- * 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- * 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- * 1-2/3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- * 2/3 cup fat-free milk
Instructions:In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute celery and carrots for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered. Add the chicken.
For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering broth. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering).