Easy Pound Cake
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 pound (1 cup plus 2 heaping tablespoons) white sugar
- 1/2 pound (4 large) eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 pound (2 scant cups sifted) all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Confectioners' sugar
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a bundt pan.
Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts. Sift together the flour and baking powder. Add to the creamed mixture and beat until well blended. Spoon into the prepared pan.
Bake for 50 minutes or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.