Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Natalie Wood's Eggs Ranchero
- 4 tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 small serrano or other chile pepper, chopped or
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped or
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
Instructions:Fry tortillas quickly in hot oil; drain on paper towel.
Keep oil hot; add garlic, marjoram, chopped chili, tomatoes, salt and pepper
to taste. Simmer tomato mixture for a few minutes until flavors are well
blended and sauce has thickened slightly.
Fry eggs in a small amount of butter in separate pan, or poach in the hot
To serve, place one egg on each tortilla, cover with sauce. Serve at once.
If desired, eggs can be made into an omelet, wrapped with tortillas and
topped with tomato sauce. Avocado or chorizo are often served with this