English Trifle - yummy
Yield: 12 servings
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- * 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- * 1 cup boiling water
- * 1 cup cold water
- * 1 prepared angel food cake (8 ounces), cut into cubes
- * 1 cup mashed strawberries
- * 1 teaspoon sugar
- * 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- * 1 cup sliced firm bananas
- * 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- * 2 cups cold fat-free milk
- * 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- * 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- * 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- * 1 fresh strawberry
Instructions:In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Pour half of gelatin mixture into a small bowl; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened. Let remaining gelatin stand at room temperature.
Place half of cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl. In a small bowl, combine mashed strawberries and sugar; spoon half over cake.
Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Cut pineapple chunks in half; arrange half over mashed strawberries. Toss banana slices with reserved pineapple juice; arrange half of slices over pineapple. Top with 1 cup sliced strawberries. Spoon refrigerated gelatin over fruit. Refrigerate trifle and remaining gelatin mixture for 20 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread half of pudding over trifle. Repeat all layers. Top with whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds; garnish with the strawberry.