Fast and Fancy Chicken
Yield: 6 servings
Topnotch! This fast and fancy chicken recipe has very good flavor, is moist, and just downright good. The mushrooms are optional, but they make a delicious addition. Perfect for a family dinner or a small party.
- 3 whole chicken breasts, boned, skinned, and split
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup white wine (or 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup water)
- 2 cups herb stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish.
Place the chicken in a single layer in the baking dish. Top each piece with a slice of cheese. Sprinkle the mushrooms over the cheese. Mix together the soup and wine and pour over the chicken. Spread the dry stuffing mix over the top. Drizzle the melted butter over the stuffing. Bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes. Serve hot.